Singer sewing machine models in the market
Singer has been in the sewing-machine manufacturing industry for 160 years.
Singer sewing machine models are known to be leaders in reliability and technological advances. If one is to search for the best sewing machine for various purposes, Singer sewing machine models are bound to appear on the search engine.
Singer sewing machine models are very varied. Due to Singer’s dedication to creating the perfect sewing machine for each level and purpose of its users. Singer sewing machine models had gone through various changes as it rode the tides of time and continuously innovated sewing machine mechanisms to make sewing easier for all kinds of tailors. For every need there may be, Singer has it covered with every model that they have. The price range is also wide, with varying capacities, pre-installed stitches, mechanisms, and chassis’ material.
The varied models are promising, assuring that they’ve got one machine perfect for every need a tailor may have. However, making the choice could be hard.
If you’re looking into Singer’s wide range of models for your next sewing machine but aren’t quite sure of what would be perfect for you and your needs, we got you covered.
We will introduce two models in this article and compare and contrast each against each other. This may or may not be the perfect model for you, but it would allow you to see features and other aspects that you may look into Singer sewing machine models to find your perfect match!
Ever heard of Singer 9960 Quantum Stylist and SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Extra-High Sewing Speed Sewing Machine? These are two great Singer sewing machine models. We chose both models due to their contrasting characteristics.
First off, we’ll talk about Singer 4423’s features, highlights and cons, before Singer 9960’s. At the end of this article, there’s a brief summary of whom each machine is best for.
- Singer’s website describes this as “a true workhorse”. This sewing machine definitely has the strength and stamina to withstand even the most difficult projects, and it does give a new meaning to the word “heavy duty” in the world of sewing machines.
- This model is a manually operated 12in x 6.2in x 15.5in sewing machine that weighs approximately 14lbs and could stitch a whooping 1100 stitches per minute with a maximum stitch width of 6mm.
- This diligent workhorse of a sewing machine comes with 23 built-in stitches. It is also equipped with automatic mechanisms for its needle threader and reverse. It offers great flexibility with its adjustable presser foot pressure control, stitch length, and three needle position options.
However, what this sewing machine really boasts of is its strength. This strong piece has a heavy duty metal frame and a stainless steel bed plate, but most of all- it has a motor that is 60% stronger than typical sewing machines, making it the perfect fit for sewing heavy fabrics with great ease.
All in all, this is a though machine. However, it could be basic for some with its 23 built-in stitches and manual operation. It may not suit those who are looking for more features to experiment with, or avid followers of everything digital.
- According to Singer’s website, this model promises everything a seamstress would ever need. With the claim “it truly has it all” Singer brand has gone beyond typical sewing machine capacities to create this model.
- Basically, this is a 12in x 8.2in x 7.2in electronically operated sewing machine that weighs around 20 lbs. It has a speed of 850 stitches per minute max, with each stitch measuring 7mm at max.
- This model boasts of 600 pre-installed stitches with 13 fully automatic buttonholes that have an exclusive buttonhole underplate.
- It is also equipped with an automatic thread cutter, needle threader, tension, bobbin winding clutch, and stitch length and width adjustment.
- Sewing at any lighting condition is made convenient by the 2StayBright LED lights that it comes with.
- It also comes with an electronic auto pilot mode and an automatic locking stitch function and reverse.
- The list of extra features that this has never ends with its audible error warning, a stitch reference chart, and a mechanism that allows the sewing machine to adjust the stitching power depending on what is needed for the fabric used.
- There are a few more features that are not mentioned here, but all in all, the ones worth taking note of are stated.
It’s hard to find flaws in a machine that was obviously built for perfection and all-around flexibility. However, with all the extravagant features that it comes with, this sewing machine is definitely on the heavy side of the spectrum. It could also be equipped with too much features that some minimalist tailors may never even use in their entire sewing career. After all, it wouldn’t be easy to go through 600 stitches.
WHO IS IT FOR?
This sewing machine is made strong. With its heavy-duty chassis and most especially, its strong motor, it is made to work through heavy fabrics with great ease.
This machine may not be equipped with the long list of features that the Singer 9960 has, but it is perfect for anyone who is looking into creating various projects with heavier fabrics –or simply the choice of working with such without second thoughts.
This is perfect for whoever is looking for standard stitching styles and features, and for more flexibility in fabric choices. It’s also perfect for those who love to work with great speed and ease, for this sewing machine will work its way through various projects smoothly.
WHO IS IT FOR?
This sewing machine is perfect for the extravagant or the creative tailor.
If you’re a fan of many options and flexibility in terms of project styles, then this will be the perfect choice. This is not only equipped with 600 built in stitches, it is also made extremely convenient to use with its automatic features: making it even a perfect choice for a beginner tailor looking for a long term sewing machine.
Both machines are good but only one could be a perfect match for a person. If these two still aren’t the perfect fit for your needs, it’s always a great choice to see what other models Singer has in store for you. These two are proof of Singer’s dedication to great quality.